About Me

My photo
I'm happy, married, and looking forward to sharing my world with you! If you're interested, that is!

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Dinner took 4-1/2 hours last night!

We went to dinner with G & M. They're such wonderful people - I can't say enough about them! I met them through DH. He worked Special Olympics with G and he's on the Board with M. We went to Houlihan's - no big gourmet meal, no special local restaurant - in their infinite wisdom, the town held their Memorial Day parade last night. The town is only 1 mile square - there wasn't a place you could go that wasn't packed, so we left town. Besides, dinner wasn't important; the company was. We talked and laughed and laughed and talked. Then we drove them back to their house, and it was like a sign: there was a parking spot in front of their house! There's never a parking spot to be found when you need one! So we went in and sat and talked for a while. According to our sources (M's son), two politicians (or politicians' relatives) came to blows at the parade, actual fisticuffs! There you go - another reason to vote Democrat! Those are a couple of classy mayors...

We're trying to coordinate a mini vacation this summer, a long weekend away somewhere, anywhere, just the four of us. That will be a lot of fun!

DH took the permit applications up to the lake yesterday. They were filled out correctly. Yes! I was a bit nervous. And most importantly, they told DH 7 to 10 days!! Not 2 to 3 weeks! Even if the 7 to 10 days are business days, that's a week-and-a-half to two weeks! We might be able to get things rolling for the end of June/beginning of July, God (and framers) willing!

I had a good month at work, better than I expected, considering I kind of pushed for stocking orders from my customers in April, pre-end-of-fiscal-year. I'm at about $114K in net sales now, with more than a week's billing left. And I know of at least one invoice that will be around $12250, on top of my already $114K! And another $12250 to start June off with a bang! Thanks, SHRM!

We were invited to our neighbor's engagement party this Sunday night. Unfortunately we won't be able to go; we'll be at the lake. I have to think of something nice to get her/them. We haven't met him yet. She's divorced and only recently started dating again. She dated a few (several?!) frogs, then met T. And she said that she was expecting to find someone who was just nice to her and her kids, someone with a good heart. She also said she never expected to find someone better than her first (loser!) husband! Someone she really loves, who loves her back. I'm so happy for you, SL! (I must admit, though, I just don't get it. We live in a very Orthodox neighborhood - we're the token Catholics on our block! - so I've learned a lot about their traditions and culture and holidays. This wham-bam!-thank-you-ma'am! kind of courting is beyond me! They got engaged last Friday, the engagement party is this Sunday, and they'll be married by the end of the summer. I JUST DON'T GET IT. I admit it.

I didn't love DH within the first two or three months of dating. Yes, I liked him, I liked him a lot. But I didn't "know" him. I didn't know his history, what makes him tick, what he thinks about this-that-and-everything, how he'd react to whatever, how he felt about me, his politics, his religion, etc., etc. And that's the tip of the iceberg! Sure, you can be attracted to someone but YOU CANNOT KNOW THEM until you KNOW THEM.

And that's the bottom line. And no one will ever convince me I'm wrong. Ever. No way. Don't even try!

No comments: