About Me

My photo
I'm happy, married, and looking forward to sharing my world with you! If you're interested, that is!

Monday, May 07, 2007

Saturday was National Scrapbooking Day. I sb'd for 6 straight hours (I couldn't stay for the whole crop) and on Sunday, I couldn't figure out why the fingers on my right hand were so stiff and achy. Dummy! DH had to remind me I scrapped all day on Saturday!

The weather was beautiful outside - sunny and warm - the first real day of summer, even though it's only spring! I could have gotten a wonderful tan, had I not spent the day at my 3' of table space, under flourescent lights, with the a/c blasting! But I had a good time! And I accomplished some things - finished one partial page, finished two pages entirely, and started four other pages.

I'm still suffering from "I-packed-too-much-but-I-still-don't-have-everything-I-need" syndrome! This was better than last time, but I have a way to go to be efficient and prepared!

DH was coaching for Special Olympics on Saturday. He got home at 4:30-ish, much later then he or I thought he'd be home. He took the motorcycle to the lake (along with my helmet, which I forgot to load in the car in the morning). On Sunday, though, it was 43 degrees and neither of us was prepared clothes-wise for a ride in that weather, so I didn't get to ride with him. We went home early, I went to Shop-Rite and then took Mom to AC Moore. DH bought me a few embellishments as a present. (I must have been a good wife lately!)

When I got home, I baked eggplant, made dinner (sausage patties on the George Forman grill with corn on the cob), cut up my cantaloupe and my fresh pineapple. I have the strawberries and the blueberries left to wash and dry, then I'll be ready for my healthy snack week! I'm going to try to stay away from junk food this week entirely, and see how that affects my weight next week - healthy snacks all the time, instead of most of the time, without any fun snacks at all. We'll see if it makes a difference. And I'm going to do my best to get all my water in daily, too; I've been slacking off a bit.

We've been walking; I just have to get into the basement to start on my arms. Still haven't done that! But I will. Maybe even today, before we go to my SIL's house for dessert - um, no - for healthy snacks!!!

No comments: