About Me

My photo
I'm happy, married, and looking forward to sharing my world with you! If you're interested, that is!

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

I've had my 15 minutes of fame. I was on the Martha Stewart Living show on May 11, and last night I got to watch it. And while TV didn't add the 40 pounds I was expecting it to add to my not-so-thin-but-on-the-way-to-thinner body, I do have to pay more attention to the expressions on my face. I make some funny faces, that's for sure!

And - BIG NEWS! Our niece and nephew-in-law have bought a house! They're still in attorney review ('til tomorrow, I believe) but they have a tentative closing date for July 11 and they're really excited! It's a townhouse in Wayne, which is better for them since the maintenance of the property will not be J's responsibility. He's not the handiest tool in the shed right now. Of course you can learn and I'm sure he will, but for starters, it's good that they're looking for less work rather than more. Anyone can learn - my sister had to take her house on herself. She does what she can do, but when it's something beyond her capabilities (DH - working with electric, for example!), she farms it out just like she should. J would, in my humble opinion, try to do it himself, possibly mess it up, then have to pay more to fix and repair what could have just been done cheaper had they called someone first...

I had my x-ray done last night (BTW, why am I all of a sudden typing "ex" when starting to type x-ray? I've done it several times recently...) - 4 x-rays, to be precise. "The doctor will have the results in 2 or 3 days and will contact you then." Tonight I go to donate some blood for testing - to check for rheumatoid arthritis or some other joint problem. We'll see. I'm sure I'm healthy, but I'd rather be safe than sorry! And I want to get a jump on any potential osteo problems before I have to take medicine like my mom... If I have to take a calcium supplement or drink a bit more milk now, I'd rather do that... I started the Mobic (7.5mg) last night; I don't know if it's my imagination, but my hands seemed to ache a bit less this morning.

Tonight we're going to rescue mom from the Invasion of the Bees, and spray her front yard. She's been so patient, waiting for us to come and do it - thanks, Mom!

No comments: