About Me

My photo
I'm happy, married, and looking forward to sharing my world with you! If you're interested, that is!

Friday, May 18, 2007

I can't wait to retire.

One of the first things I'll do is convert all of DH's bill paying to online status - I've already saved $15 on stamps!!! I just figured it out! God knows I can use that $15 elsewhere...

To pay for last night's scrapbooking purchases, perhaps? We had a SB Garage Sale at the Days Inn. I believe there were 7 people selling; I bought from 4 of them... I got a nice Creative Memories cropping bag from AM for $20 - I'll sell the two smaller ones I have that are not working for me. This one stands upright and is large enough for albums and paper. I like it! I also got a small trimmer and some adhesive from AM, some SU stamps from JP, some doodads from MB, and a stamp from DR.

I spent $55.50 - AND I got some FREE kids videos from SR. Despite my current almost-deep-and-abiding loathing for all things Lindsay Lohan, I used to like her when she was young and cute and relatively innocent. I got a copy of her version of Parent Trap!!! I could watch that - or the original with Hayley Mills, Maureen O'Hara and Brian Keith - every day!

Actually there are several movies that fall into that I'll-never-get-sick-of-them-no-matter-how-many-times-I-watch-them-in-one-day category (in no particular order): Gone with the Wind, Dirty Dancing, While You Were Sleeping, You've Got Mail, Sleepless in Seattle, Parent Trap (either version), Pretty Woman, The Sound of Music, any Clint movie, Ghost, to name but a few...

I got a little off topic... When I retire, I also want to take cooking lessons, learn how to digitally scrapbook, travel, learn (again!) how to swim, keep a clean house (still haven't figured that out - I'm too much of a clutter person/packrat, and I have a high tolerance for "stuff"), and loads of other things...

What do you want to do when you retire? Or grow up, whichever is applicable... *wink, wink*

No comments: