About Me

My photo
I'm happy, married, and looking forward to sharing my world with you! If you're interested, that is!

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Martha and I, we're like this! (Picture thumb and forefinger, close together!)

Yesterday I called out sick and went to a taping of the Martha Stewart Show. The set was so cool. I could live on that set and be happy - she has a beautiful industrial kitchen, done all in stainless steel, behind closed glass doors and windows. She has a craft corner, all neat and organized and colorful and coordinated. I could be creative there! She has a fake greenhouse with all sorts of leafy green plants and some beautiful flower arrangements scattered throughout the studio... Yes, I could live there. Not a lot of privacy, I'll grant you, but nice? Yes siree, Bob!

The guest was supposed to be Lindsay Lohan, who unfortunately couldn't come to publicize her new movie, Georgia Rule (with Felicity Huffman and Jane Fonda). She'd been videotaped snorting a line of cocaine the night before, apparently; perhaps she was a bit busy with the authorities... She was supposed to come to the studio (today) to film her portion of Friday's show.

Which brings me to my 2nd television appearance of all time: Friday, on Martha's show, they'll be airing what we taped yesterday. And I was there, in the audience, clapping and cheering like a Stepford Wife! But I had fun, and that's what counts! I was there with my scrapping group, a great bunch of creative women - so creative that even my pride in my own creativeness (what little there is!) pales before their talent! We had fun. We brought our scrapbooks and got to sit with them opened to our favorite page(s) and the camera scanned past us several time. I was wearing a pink, 3/4 length sleeved, v-necked T-shirt with a sparkly pink pin at the V. Hopefully the 10 pounds the camera adds to Martha (she's much thinner in person than I expected!) will not look like 40 on an already plump me!!!

I went into school this morning to read to the little first graders. I love being hugged by cute little kids who are genuinely happy to see me come in 'cause it means that they get to spend time on the library rug, listening to me read them a book or two. We read two books about Mother's Day, and did a couple of projects - a decorated frame and a Mother's Day coupon promising something nice for Mom. My favorite was from little Michael N - "I promise to never behave!"

What a week at work this is - Monday, work, left 3:30 w/ a ride from Eva; Tuesday, "sick"/Martha; Wednesday, work, leaving 3:30 w/ a ride from Eva; Thursday, out of office, visiting USDC with Estelle; Friday, work (leaving on the 4:17 train at the latest - hair color appointment at 5:45!). This job is going to make me gray! (Oh, wait - you'd never know 'cause I'm getting my roots done Friday!)

I have to say, I'm so happy I have no gray hairs yet. I'm 46 years old. Officially middle-aged, according to Star magazine, who mentioned "middle-aged" actresses Kirstie Alley (56) and Valerie Bertinelli (46) and their Jenny Craig affiliations in a recent article...

I don't feel middle-aged. Except for a bum knee (Oh! I have to call the doctor and make an appointment to have my knee x-rayed!) and a few minor aches and pains, I feel exactly the same as I did 20 years ago, or more! Granted, I have a lot more self-confidence, and I think, except for a few extra pounds, I've done nothing but improve with age. You know when it hits me? When I have to figure out how old my "little" sisters are: 41 going on 42 and 40 going on 41. WOW! THAT'S utterly unbelievable to me! They're my baby sisters! They can't possibly be in their 40s!!! That makes me... hmmm... NO EFFIN' WAY!!!

'nough said...

No comments: