About Me

My photo
I'm happy, married, and looking forward to sharing my world with you! If you're interested, that is!

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Permits - hopefully...

DH is going to town this afternoon to submit our permit applications for the addition on our house. We went through the paperwork last night and I think we have everything ready. He just has to double check with them on the square footage and the volume of the addition. Math - not our strong suit, that's for sure. I think we have it right, but just in case, I'd rather he check with them before filling it out; that's better than having the permits denied for incorrect information, doncha think?

My nephew is being inducted into the National Honor Society! Yay! I'm so proud of him! J - you rock!!! I think I want to try to come up with something special for him as a reward - maybe we can take him to a car show or something, and out to dinner, just us, just him... I'll think about it...

So we bought some bee-killer. We went to Mom's house and DH sprayed the entire can on the numerous hives we spotted near the front door. The can said to spray at sundown so they're sleeping and what is DH's first comment? "I don't see any bees." Duh! You're not supposed to and you don't want to! The idea is to spray 'em and kill 'em, not spot 'em, spray 'em, and run like h-ll 'cause you pissed 'em off!!! I may not be allergic to them, but I really don't want to get bitten!

I donated to the vampires yesterday. The technician was great! I mentioned to her that I don't have good veins. She put a tourniquet on my arm, tapped my inner arm a couple of times, and - voila! A little pin-prick and I was a test tube down! Hopefully they won't find anything wrong with me. The Mobic seems to be helping; my hips don't hurt as much when I sit at work for a while then get up to walk to the copier. I wonder if it's the meds, or I'm just growing out of it... I'm thinking it's the meds...

This weekend is a long weekend. We were invited to an engagement party for our neighbor. The party is Sunday night at her brother's house. We'll be away so we won't be able to go, but it was nice to be included. I think I'll make her a card this weekend. I wonder what I can give them for a present...

No comments: