About Me

My photo
I'm happy, married, and looking forward to sharing my world with you! If you're interested, that is!

Monday, June 11, 2007

Please be patient. I will not be blogging for four days.

I have sales meetings (in-house) on Tues., Wed., and Thurs., and I'm sure Fri. will be spent catching up on the obscene amounts of work-related email that I get on a daily basis. Yes, of course, I will be trying to stay on top of things during the minimal breaks we get between meetings, but I'm quite sure that something will distract me and I will not get a chance to do 1/2 of what needs to be done, let alone what I want to get done...

This past weekend was J&K's wedding (hmmm, not mine, although the initials match!). As soon as I download the pix and can access them, I'll post my favorites here. (Count on next week, some time)

The food was wonderful, except for my entree - the chicken was too dry. Everyone else seemed to be enjoying their food, so it was probably just my lucky day... There was fried calamari, shrimp risoto, shrimp in mango salsa, mini lamb chops (don't make me think about where they came from - and no, I didn't eat them), stuffed mushrooms, scallops wrapped in bacon, antipasto, a raw bar, pigs-in-a-blanket (announced as "mini franks" by one uppercrust waiter), caviar, a grill bar (grilled chicken, beef and veggies), margaritas, a martini bar (tasted my first chocolate martini), mini Beef Wellington puffs, apple fritters, pear and brie tarts (mmm, good!), and lots more - AND THIS WAS JUST AT THE COCKTAIL HOUR!

That's enough food-related stuff - EXCEPT...

For dessert, along with the required venetian table, there were mini ice cream cones (DH got me a mango one), chocolate chip cookies and Kahlua and cream shots, and my personal favorite, and what made the entire day worthwhile: Belgian waffles and ice cream. OH. MY. GOD. They were absolutely delicious. It was all I could do to limit myself to one sandwich. I wanted 12. No, 14. No, as many as I could eat before I literally exploded out of my new dress.

Later.

No comments: