About Me

My photo
I'm happy, married, and looking forward to sharing my world with you! If you're interested, that is!

Sunday, March 06, 2011

Went to a bridal shower yesterday...

My nephew (on hubby's side) is getting married in April.

In Cabo San Lucas.

Mexico.

And we're going.

YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!

Yesterday was the bridal shower for his fiancee R.  We love R.  She's so nice and he's so happy with her. 

The shower was at a restaurant named Jane in NYC.  I really wouldn't voluntarily go to NYC on a Saturday for very many people, but R is one of them!  The food was great - here's what we got to choose from:

Starter
Mushroom Soup - Portobello, brandy, truffle oil
Seasonal Fruit Salad

Main Courses
Shrimp Risotto - lemon, chervil butter, lobster broth
Steak Salad - organic arugula, goat cheese, red onion, beefsteak tomatoes, shoestring potatoes, balsamic vinaigrette
Egg White Scramble - sauteed spinach, goat cheese, mixed greens

Sides for the Table
Spicy Garlic Broccoli
Rosemary Fries

Desserts
Profiteroles - espresso ice cream, caramel and chocolate sauce
Warm Apple Tart - puff pastry, cider caramel, vanilla ice creaam

Mimosa, Bloody Mary
juice, fountain soda, coffe & tea (they also had green iced tea)


MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!  (I boldfaced my choices!)

Here are a couple of photos from the party...

The gifts


The bride (R is in the middle) with her bridesmaids


My dessert - I could have eaten 3 plates!


The clock we got her (along with the hamper she asked for - see that HUGE box behind her head!?)


R with my nieces (the groom's twin sisters) and their cousin-in-law (K) on the right, along with the ribbon bouquet they made with the ribbons from the gifts


The party ran from 11:30 to about 2:30 - we got home around 4pm-ish, after we packed the cars to bring all the gifts back to NJ, made our way through Holland Tunnel traffic, etc.

It was a fun party, not without a little grandma drama (she's 95 and a little too used to being the center of attention), but all in all we had a great time and it was a lot of fun spending time with my nieces and my sister-in-law and meeting the bride's friends and family.

Welcome to the family, R (almost!)!!!

No comments: