About Me

My photo
I'm happy, married, and looking forward to sharing my world with you! If you're interested, that is!

Sunday, March 13, 2011

I'm sick, too...

We started out at 7:15am and went to the lake.  I went to WW and Jack went to the Walmart to get Mucinex-D.  When I came out of the meeting he was napping in the car.  The Walmart pharmacy didn't open until 9am so he couldn't get the medicine he needed.  He insisted on getting me breakfast at Panera, then we drove to the lakehouse and dropped off the cabinets J built for the new basement pantry area.  Then we left to come home.

I suggested he go to the Immedicenter but he said, no, maybe later.  Until we got within 20 minutes of home and he decided we were going straight to the doctor.  They prescribed another Z-pack and Flonase, then suggested gargling with hot/warm salt water and some steam therapy with either an inhaler or a bowl of hot water and a towel.  He felt so bad that he wanted me to drop him home before I went to CVS to pick up his prescriptions.

I had made plans to go shopping with E and he insisted I still go.  He didn't want me to stay home and get infected.  So I went, and all I bought in 4 hours of power shopping was a can of dry shampoo.  Better luck next time...

I got home and he was awake, so I warmed up some homemade chicken soup, which he managed to keep down even though he was a bit queasy.  He slept in M's room because he didn't want me to get whatever it is he had.  I really don't like sleeping alone; it just doesn't feel right... 

Then my nephew called at 11:30pm to say he had a flat tire up the block from me, and he needed a lug wrench.  So I took it up there and waited until he changed his tire; one guy stopped to ask if we needed help, and then the local police patrol stopped, but J was almost done at that point.  I followed him home to make sure he got there.  I was a bit suspicious that he might leave after I did to go out again, but according to my sister, he stayed in for the night.  Call me a prude, but getting home at 12:30am is late enough; there's no need for him to be out until 3:30 or 4:30 in the morning...

Anyhow, all day yesterday I was getting pains in my left ear.  I've never had an earache and personally, I hope I never have another one.

I got up this morning, and MY HAIR HURT.  J told me that was a hangover, not an earache, but since I don't drink, that would rank up there with another virgin birth!  I have never ever thought my HAIR could hurt!!!  But it truly does!  The nurse practitioner I saw at the Immedicenter this morning (yes, indeed, today I went to see someone there!) said it was probably just my scalp was inflamed from the ear infection she can't swear I have because it all looks clear in there.  My throat is a little red but there was no indication of strep.  She did a throat culture anyway and will call me tomorrow to tell me if it came back positive or negative.  And she started me on an antibiotic even though she can't swear I'm positive for strep, and if she hadn't, I'd have begged her to, even though I'm not big on antibiotics unless I'm really sick...  For crying out loud, MY HAIR HURTS!!!

The medicine is making me really thirsty, too; my lips feel like they're cracked and chapped, even though I don't think they are, at least not yet.  I've been drinking loads of liquids today since my visit to the doctor...

I have to be sure I'm well 'cause next Monday I leave for Chicago and Wisconsin.  Yay.  Note the enthusiasm.

Well, I'm off to get another drink of something - I'm really, really thirsty!!!

No comments: