About Me

My photo
I'm happy, married, and looking forward to sharing my world with you! If you're interested, that is!

Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Why My E-Reader Will Never Replace My Bookshelf, by Amy Preiser, shelterpop

Another article I enjoyed about e-books vs. print books.  There are points to be made on both sides, but it comes down to emotion.
She admits to the benefits of the e-book but will never give up her bookshelf.
Me, either.
I like the geekiness of thee-reader; I'm a techno-dork when no one's looking.
But I won't give up print books either; they will always be my 1st choice, forever and ever, amen.

http://www.shelterpop.com/2011/01/03/e-reader-bookshelf/?icid=main%7Caim%7Cdl3%7Csec1_lnk3%7C193513

1 comment:

patrysia said...

I guess I just don't understand why some people think it has to be either/or. I still read paperbacks or hardcovers. My Kindle has opened up a world of books no longer in print to me, so it's double my reading pleasure, not slashed it.

Perhaps I just don't understand this devotion to 'the feel of a book' in your hands.

Ah, well, to each his own, and luckily, there's lot to read for all us, in our preferred medium