About Me

My photo
I'm happy, married, and looking forward to sharing my world with you! If you're interested, that is!

Friday, March 21, 2008

Babies, babies everywhere!!!

(To borrow what should have been the subject line from my friend's email this morning...) Called my friend CT in Missouri yesterday morning, worried that the flooding we've been seeing on the news was affecting him or his family. Thankfully it's a good 40 miles south of him - good for him, no so much for those poor families who are losing everything. The TV news here in NJ/NY were saying the "Big River" was overflowing, but without a map handy, it was easier to call and leave a message that I was worried it was close to him...

Not only did he email me back to relieve my fears, he sent an update on his family. Three of his nieces and nephews are giving birth in the next several months. Now, considering they're all in their 20s, this shouldn't be such a shock to anyone. The thing is, I met most of these kids when they were, oh, 2, 3, 4 years old, maybe 6. I'm feeling most elderly at the ripe old age of 47.

I was looking in the mirror the other day, smiling at myself and grimacing at the lines now appearing near my eyes... Yuk. Whilst menopause has yet to rear its ugly head, I'm definitely feeling as though I'm looking more my age than I have in the past. Although when reading my monthly issue of More magazine, I'm constantly asking DH, "Does she look older or younger than me?" God bless him, he still says older, even if sometimes there's a microscopic pause...

No comments: