About Me

My photo
I'm happy, married, and looking forward to sharing my world with you! If you're interested, that is!

Wednesday, December 01, 2010

A 4th Diagnosis...

So far they've suggested gout or pseudo-gout, but both of those ideas were tossed when my bloodwork came back okay.

Perhaps arthritis?  Take some anti-inflammatories as needed.

Then it was cellulits.  Take three weeks of bactrim and enjoy the antibiotics...  Don't forget the acidophilus...

Then it was off to the orthopedist on the Friday after Thanksgiving.  He came in and I liked him immediately.  We talked.  He took a full history, checked out my x-rays (no bone spurs or physical reason for the elbow...)  He diagnosed my elbow as bursitis within 2 minutes.

I mentioned my hips to him and he asked me to take my shoes off and stand in front of him.  He took a knuckle on his left hand and poked at my hip, and I almost went down to my knees!  Apparently I have bursitis in my hips, too!  (Hey, if you're going to do something, you might a well do it 100%)

He drained my elbow (no infection remains) and said it needed to be splinted.  He told me to go to the casting room with Rhonda.  I made a bad joke about not auditioning for anything (no one laughed).  We went there and I got a cast.  My first cast ever.  I used to think I wanted one, for the sympathy vote, but now that I do, I'm wide enough on my own.  I do NOT need a cast to make me wider still - I keep banging into people, brushing up against door jambs....

The cast is removable but the doctor said to keep it on 24/7 except for washing.  So I look forward to the 20 minutes a day I spend in the shower...  more than just 'cause I like feeling squeaky clean... 

He gave me a prescription for 2 weeks of PT - he requested they develop an at-home exercise program for me and said that after I'm confident that I know the routine, I don't have to go to therapy anymore.  I have to go just long enough to learn the program...

So between the yoga twice a week, and an exercise program at least 3 days a week - YUK.

Also, fell asleep during yoga class today - out cold!  SO asleep that I woke myself up snoring and shouted, "WHAT?"  Then it turns out that I was talking in my sleep!  OMG!  It was a late night last night - got home from work at almost midnight from sales conference and sales conference dinner...

And here's some cool news.  Just booked our trip to Cabo San Lucas for a family wedding.  Here's a link to the very expensive hotel we're staying at:  Las Ventanas.  Take a look and eat your heart out be thankful YOU'RE not shelling out that money!  Just kidding - we're going to a destination wedding for our nephew (on J's side) - can't wait!

Please send some prayers to Arizona.  My sister's dog is sick, seriously ill, and in the puppy ER.  She means the world to P and we want our Kazia happy and healthy and home as soon as possible!!!

2 comments:

Sawdust Girl said...

I'm sorry about your elbow and hip but I busted up when I read your yoga story. I'm still laughing. That's the kind of thing I do on airplanes! Have a great time in Cabo. I'm jealous...not of having to spend that kind of money again but we just got back and the weather was perfectly perfect!

Anita B said...

OUCH!! Good luck with the @#%&* cast. Hope you get some relief from the pain.