About Me

My photo
I'm happy, married, and looking forward to sharing my world with you! If you're interested, that is!

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

I haven't been in school in 26 years. (Ouch!) The feeling of passing a test never goes away, though...

WE PASSED OUR ELECTRICAL INSPECTION!!!
Hip, hip, hooray! 3 cheers! Yay!

There wasn't really any reason why we wouldn't - DH did what he was supposed to do, the right way, with Best Man L the Electrician checking on his every move. I think DH was a bit nervous since Best Man L the Electrician commented that some of the work at KD's wasn't up to his standards, and DH and KD ran all those wires... I know Best Man L the Electrician is a very picky worker - after all, he is his reputation.

DH said the inspector wasn't there 5 minutes. He came in, climbed up the ladder, looked around, told DH he passed, and left. I suppose there were a few more comments made, but that was the one we were waiting for :)

The leftover TJIs were picked up yesterday; now we just have to wait to hear from 84 Lumber how much credit we're going to get for them. They're worth about $300+, but apparently, by the time the pick up charge ($80) and the restocking charge (30%) is deducted, we're looking at around $159 + tax, IF all three beams are considered to be in resaleable condition...

Here's our schedule for the next few weeks:
  • Stairs will be delivered Monday or Tuesday of next week
  • Hopefully A the Framer will be able to come by the end of next week to install them, repair the fireplace framing, and correct whatever else they did wrong or didn't do at all
  • Monday, August 6 - Wednesday, August 8 - chimney restoration and extension
  • Some other date in August - fireplace installation
  • Week of August 13 (maybe) - siding goes up on the house (we chose ivy with white trim) - I'm having a crisis with the corbels for the door - another issue, perhaps, the framer might have to handle

At this point, the house might begin to look like a home from the outside, rather than a construction site...

I know I've promised photos, and they will come - next week, I promise. After I go to Wal-Mart and have them downloaded onto a CD.

No comments: