About Me

My photo
I'm happy, married, and looking forward to sharing my world with you! If you're interested, that is!

Friday, May 02, 2008

Happy National Scrapbook Day, one day early!

Tomorrow is National Scrapbook Day, and I'm spending the day scrapping! I'm attending an all-day crop with my MeetUp group, well, some of them! I'm planning to be so creative I'll scare myself!

I want to step out of my box and create something different, something I haven't done before. I'm not quite sure what it might be, but I'm going to try. I love the idea of a multi-sized album (you can see an example of a mini one at Ali Edward's blog today http://aliedwards.typepad.com/_a_/2008/05/weekend-creativ.html). I want to do something like this but I'm going to have to probably wait until I'm in my scrapping room; I don't have all my miscellaneous "stuff" ready to go to the crop tomorrow.

I'm still packed from my last crop so all I have to do is drag all those bags and boxes into the clubhouse and arrange my space. I think, nay, I hope I remember to bring a pillow to sit on (not that I don't have enough natural padding - those chairs are just a bit low for all day!) and my little portable shelf (it might help me to make space on the table for my scrapping).

I bought batteries for my camera; I'll try to remember to add it to my stuff for tomorrow. I broke my little mini camera while I was in Arizona. I have to do some research and find out if I can get it repaired. It was a cute little portable Kodak digital camera, took GREAT pictures, and it had a nice 2" LCD screen that I banged right into the corner of a table. It was in the pocket of my shorts and most of you reading this blog know I'm not the most graceful of women... BANG! And of course, with my luck, the screen was facing outwards. Dad-gum it!

I'd like to do a page about my scrapping. And a page about my office. And a page about the inside of my purse and/or my tote. I think they all say a lot about my lack of organizational skills, and my creativity (what little I have!), and my ability to work or play in a mess!

It's 9:58am and I feel as though I've been here at work for hours and hours and hours already. And it's only been 2 hours and 43 minutes... Aaaarrrrgggghhhh! I want to go home!

Well, we moved DD into her new apt last night. Actually she and her friend D did most of the moving; we did the TV, the bed, the sofa, a lamp, the dining room table, the bedroom blinds, and tonight we'll do the living room blinds and the last remaining lamp. She's so happy - it's clean and it smells clean and it looks clean and it's a clean start for her. Even though it's an apt that's identical to the one we moved her out of, one floor down in the same building, two doors over. Don't ask.

Her BF called me yesterday. I've already told him I'm uncomfortable in the middle. I don't want to be the one who hears both sides of the story. But he was only checking in to say he hadn't spoken with us in over a week, and that he was in touch with her - he hates texting. And DD would rather text than talk.

I figured out why. When you're texting you can ignore what you don't want to address. You just don't respond. When you're on the phone, you can be confronted. They can say, "Why aren't you answering me?" And you're forced to deal with the issue. Email is the same. But they both lend themselves to misinterpretation - you can't hear someone's tone in a text or in an email. And when you know the person you're texting/emailing, you would be able to interpret tone.

Besides, texting with 2 thumbs is SO much slower than just calling, talking, and being done with it. (Shudder.)

Gotta run!

1 comment:

Miss Hope said...

I don't know Miss. Krys....having a teenager who can manage up to 5000 texts a month(yes, you read that right)....makes a Mom learn how to communicate via thumbs quick like.

I agree with you in the fact that you truly can't get the "tone" of the conversation that way.

How'd your scrapbooking go? I'm still standing firm on the fact that I refuse to scrap. Way too much to catch up on with three kids now.