About Me

My photo
I'm happy, married, and looking forward to sharing my world with you! If you're interested, that is!

Monday, February 04, 2008

17-14

In honor of the Giants, who BEAT THE PATRIOTS IN SUPERBOWL XLII 17-14, I'm typing today's blog entry in blue. I went to my closet this morning to pick out something in Giants blue, only to find out I own nothing in Giants blue. So I'm wearing blue jeans and a turquoise sweater in honor of the NJ Giants! (I refuse to call them the NY Giants - they play in NJ, I paid for their stadium, I'm paying for their new stadium - NY can claim them when they pay for them!)

It was an exciting game! I was SO excited when we scored first, when we had possession for most of the 1st quarter, then I started to not be so excited when New England scored. But the 2nd half? Well worth the price of admission! Oh, wait, I didn't pay to watch the game. How's this instead? Well worth my time watching a football game! (I'm not a huge sports fan to begin with, but I must admit I feel all tingly when the local guys do well!)

Jack and I stayed home. Instead of a sit down dinner (when was the last time I cooked one of those?!?!), I made a bunch of appetizers: extra spicy Jamaican jerk beef patties, potato puffs, buffalo chicken wraps, spicy beef turnovers, and pigs in a blanket. Mmm, good!

Today I'm back to WW with a vengeance. I lost 4 pounds in 2 weeks, and Jack has been telling me how noticeable it is, so when I went on Saturday, the week before my "friend" (hi, Mom!) arrives, I'm back up 1.2 pounds! Yuk!

So, with 2 weeks to go before our Vegas trip, I'm going to try to stick to it really closely, eat well, drink my water, pay attention to the 8 healthy guidelines, and do my darndest to lose some weight. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

No comments: