About Me

My photo
I'm happy, married, and looking forward to sharing my world with you! If you're interested, that is!

Monday, May 12, 2014

Day in the Life...

Or should I say Weekend in the Life...  These pictures were taken Saturday and Sunday of Mother's Day weekend...  A little bit of commentary so you know who's who and what's what...

On Friday afternoon we stopped at the vegetable market on the way home from work.  We bought all we'd need, and then some, for the weekend BBQ.


I spent Saturday morning cutting, breading and frying 2 out of the 3 eggplants we bought.  We'll grill the third one on Tuesday.  There was a lot of eggplant, but a substantial amount was taste-tested by yours truly.  I can eat it like it's candy!


In the afternoon, when hubby was supposed to be frying up the peppers and onions and potatoes for our Italian hot dogs, I FINALLY squeezed in this season's first pedicure.  Oh, my, it was about time!  I really should have checked out the perspective before I posted this picture; my ankles look like cankles!


While I was upstairs working on taking spring/summer clothing out and putting away winter clothing (FINALLY!), J decided it would be a good time to trim the tree, without telling me.  Notice the camouflage clothing - I'm convinced he's trying to go unnoticed by me!


These are the flowers I sent to Mom for Mother's Day.  I LOVE Personal Touch Florist in Nutley, NJ.  John is the B.E.S.T.


Oh, I'm SO enjoying the colors!!  Winter was a lot of black and gray and brown...


Flowers from my baby sister's family for me!

 

Here's a photo of C and Mom.


Look at my beautiful A and handsome J!  It was just yesterday that they were mere babies!  Yea, she really showed us up all dressed to the nines like that!  She said she didn't know what the dress code for the BBQ was...  Trust me, it wasn't dresses and heels!


She's just the cutest!


C brought that awesome chocolate cake with icing and candy sprinkles.  There's a banana cake at the top and the one on the right is an apple pudding cake from Shop Rite.


Just had to get a photo of the three of us - need to learn Photoshop so I can get rid of that neck...


Mother's Day was nice.  Of course there were some people missing and I wish they'd been able to be there, but...  that's the way the cookie crumbles, I guess.  I don't have to like it, but I have to accept it.

Happy Mother's Day, y'all!!!

No comments: