About Me

My photo
I'm happy, married, and looking forward to sharing my world with you! If you're interested, that is!

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Turning 50 - Officially!

So my birthday was December 18 and that's the day I turned 50.  FIFTY!  The big Five-Oh!  5 decades!  1/2 a century!

One might think from that sentence that 50 traumatized me but truly, it didn't.  I couldn't believe I was 50 years old!  When I look in the mirror, I see the me from 30 years ago, granted, with a few more pounds and a few more fine lines on my face, but still?  50?  No way.

But today, it's official.  I FEEL 50 today.  I spent yesterday working from home, prepping for my 1st colonoscopy.

EWW.

There are probably other words I could use, like, "I'm starving!" and "That stuff sucked!" and "It made me want to vomit after the first three glasses!" and "NO EFFIN' WAY AM I DOING THIS AGAIN!"

But I will, in five years or next year, whenever Dr. M. tells me I have to do it again...

I have to be at the office at 11:30 this morning; the procedure is at 12 noon.  I'm pretty sure that I'll be fine and they'll find nothing, but even if they find a few polyps, they'll remove them. 

I have a bad headache; I'm not sure if it's from the low pressure system on its way (I'm susceptible to pressure headaches) or if it's because I'M STARVING!  I haven't had solid food from Thursday night, and I'm so hungry I could scream!

I'm dreaming of where to go for lunch, post-procedure.  I'm thinking a diner, instead of our traditional Burger King (that's where J wanted to go after his colonscopies...)...  Or perhaps California Pizza Kitchen - I haven't been in a long time and I love their Pear and Gorgonzola pie...  That would totally make J sick to his stomach, but it's MY colonoscopy... 

No comments: