About Me

My photo
I'm happy, married, and looking forward to sharing my world with you! If you're interested, that is!

Saturday, May 07, 2011

Love in Cabo - the wedding

You don't need a lot of narrative, the pictures say it all!  (But since you know it's impossible for me to sit quietly, I'll insert some short-but-sweet explanations or comments where necessary!)

Coffee on our terrace.



Poolside...




A little niche 1/2 way between our room and the pool - J waited 2 days to take a picture of me in this spot!


Didn't he look great in that shirt and pants combo?!


I was so worried about being the "only one" in a short dress - 1/2 the guests were in short dresses and it was so darn hot, I'm THRILLED I was in a short dress!


The parents of the groom...


Here comes the bride!




Showing off their bling!  (The minister's words, not mine!)


They chose to do a sand ceremony, where they alternated two different colors of sand into a single vase, and the minister made reference to their lives being intertwined and inseparable:  "As the grains of sand cannot be separated, neither can your lives."



The happy couple...  Oh, I meant to put this caption near the bride and groom!  (LOL!)


They had couches and pillows and ottomans set up on the sand for the cocktail hour.


Their first dance as Mr. and Mrs.


Beautiful centerpiece.  Every other table had this centerpiece, or the other was a ball of hot pink flowers.


The place settings...


There were fire pits all around the reception area...


The bride cuts the cake, the bride cuts the cake!!!


We went to bed around 10:30/11:00.  The party went on until about 1:30am, apparently, but we needed a relatively early night.  Immediately after the wedding ceremony, J almost passed out from the sun and heat.  All he had to eat all day was 1/2 of an apple and 1/2 of a pear, a 1/2 slice of pizza, and some water.  Not much.  Some.  The resort was there with cool cloths and Gatorade almost immediately when they saw him sitting down, holding his head.

If only I'd thought to take a photo...  Yes, to hold over him every time he does something that dumb in the future...  Which we all know he will...

;-D

No comments: