About Me

My photo
I'm happy, married, and looking forward to sharing my world with you! If you're interested, that is!

Saturday, May 07, 2011

Love in Cabo - the pool and rehearsal dinner

We ran out to the pool as soon as we got our luggage, which really only took a few moments.  Although J wanted to get out and about so we didn't wait - he had to take a picture of me on the premises in my yoga pants/travel outfit...  not the most flattering clothes I own but comfortable for 6 hours on a plane...


We got our luggage and immediate went to claim some poolside lounges.  There are several pools on the property:  a few adult-only pools for those rich old fogies who prefer cigars, peace and quiet, and no kids.  Us?  Not so much.  We went right to the main pool where our group was hanging out and staked a claim on two spots.  J started to turn one of the lounges to face the sun and Ernesto ran over and told him not to move the chairs, that he was there to do that.  Of course J said, "No, that's okay" and Ernesto almost had a stroke making sure J didn't exert himself in any way...  "NO, Sr. Salvetta, I will relocate the lounge for you!"

We settled in, slathered ourselves in either dry oil #4 or a combination of that and SPF 15, SPF 30, and SPF 50 (for my face) and my clear zinc oxide.  They brought over a bucket of ice with water and spray Evian cans to mist ourselves if we became too warm...


I have vowed to never take a bathing suit photo with my sister-in-law and/or my niece.  You think TV adds 10 pounds?!?!?!?!?!?



At around 3:30 we went back to the room to shower and get ready for the reahearsal dinner.  It was being held on the beach at The Office, a restaurant P and B found the last time they went to Cabo.  Here are some photos from that evening's dinner...  The waiters were AWESOME!  They not only provided a high chair for the baby, but when they saw she was sleeping in her mom's arms, they put two chairs together, brought over 6 Mexican blankets, and made a little crib for her so she could rest until she woke up for dinner.  Look how cute she looks sleeping in it...

I need to learn how to pose - 9 times out of 10 I stand in THE most unflattering position...  Trust me when I say I truly didn't look that heavy in this new dress...


My sister-in-law on the left, mother of the groom, and mother of the bride on the right...


The table at the rehearsal dinner, on the sand, with torches all around us, too...


This was the "crib" the waiters created for E...



Here's a photo of the bride and groom - we love you, R!!   (And G, too!)


That was one GIANT mojito!


J and G (the groom) - they may not look alike, but personality-wise, they are SO much alike!


The baby and her mom - she was in a GREAT mood when she woke up from her power nap!  To be honest, she was an angel that whole trip - not a peep out of her on the plane, not on any of them, not in the airports when we were delayed, not during our layover, she's the BEST!


I'll do another post of wedding pictures...

No comments: