About Me

My photo
I'm happy, married, and looking forward to sharing my world with you! If you're interested, that is!

Friday, July 09, 2010

I'm a Great Aunt!

And while yes, I AM a great aunt, I'm also now a Great Aunt!!! (Please read this with all of the appropriate fan fare it deserves!!!)

My great niece was born on Friday, July 2, 2010, at 3:51 in the afternoon. She was 8 lbs, 4 oz, and 20-3/4 inches long. Effective immediately she will be referred to as "great niece E" on this blog - it's not my place to post her name and all that...

Last night great niece E's mommy invited J and me over to see the baby.  When I got home from work, J was already home and the first thing out of my mouth, before "Hi, Hon, how was your day?  I missed you!" (Sure, that's EXACTLY how we greet each other after a long day at work!  Well, that's true at least a couple of times a week...   LOL!) was "C invited us over to see the baby tonight!"

J's response?  "I guess that's what we're doing tonight!"

And we did.  And she's so darned adorable!  She's gained some weight, she's fitting perfectly into all these beautiful little outfits we all bought her, AND J and I got to entertain her while her mommy and daddy ate dinner!  Her parents are already trying to get her onto the right day/night schedule; she's got them a bit mixed up!  Now, I never birthed me no babies, so I kept my suggestions and opinions to myself (yes, I can do that when I want to!), but you know something?  They're going to find out soon enough that they're on the baby's schedule, at least for the first couple of weeks!  The baby isn't even 1 week old yet!  Gradually that beautiful little baby girl will get her days and nights straight:  you're just naturally more active during the day, and it's naturally quieter and darker at night... 

Welcome to our world, Little E!!!

No comments: