1. Blog whatever is authentic. Whatever is truly on your mind and in your heart.
2. It can be serious, silly, short, long. NOTE:No one said it has to be serious. But it should be authentic.
3. No judging allowed no snarky comments, no making fun, no passive agressive digs.If you are going to read the blogs linked below [on Stephanie's blog], don't be mean. Nothing here is whining, though
4. If you BYH, link back
5. Feel free to use the graphic above. Just make sure to link back to
Thanks to Stephanie for the instructions. And here we go..
- My One Little Word this year is LEARN (you can look back to early January to see an explanation). I'm happy and proud to say that while I'm not earning a doctorate, I think I AM LEARNing. And I'm LEARNing lots. And it's not all academic. There is a lot of soul-searching going on, a lot of realizing, a lot of deciding, a lot of resolving... It's not all happy - I've come to LEARN that I have a lot of flaws, many more than my innate Catholic guilt has laid on me all these years, and I've decided to practice some self-improvement. Baby steps, yes, but improvement nonetheless.
- I am feeling swamped. Overwhelmed. Unable to do it all. Work is HARD, y'all. I need someone to figure out how to double the hours in a day so I can get it all done. (I have obviously NOT yet LEARNed that you CAN'T do it all...)
- I have 6 (ish) more PT sessions to go before I'm on my own. Yes, I plan on continuing to go to the gym, and to walk at home, and to keep up with maintaining my knee's health, and BONUS: the rest of me will be healthier, too! We're going to Florida (Harry Potter World, here we come!) this summer and I have to be able to do some heavy duty walking. We're starting the treadmill next Tuesday and unless this weather improves tremendously, I might have to become one of those old-lady-mall-walkers -- we gave our treadmill to M since we weren't using it... Gotta keep on walkin'...
- I have a funny feeling we're going to be snowed in tonight. Mr./Ms. I'm-a-Weatherman-So-I-Don't-Have-to-Be-Right-All-the-Time has said we're in for somewhere between 3-4 inches and 6-10 inches of snow tonight, into tomorrow, on TOP of the 8-10 inches already on the ground. Of course, if you're north and/or west of the city, you could be getting up to 16 inches. 16. Inches. Global warming, my a$$. (Do NOT respond with a political rant.) - [UPDATE: Yes, we were snowed in.]
- The older I get the more impatient I get. (This is NOT a surprise - I've been noticing this for years now.) I find I have to bite back comments such as, "Really?" "No $hit!" and "You're kidding!"
- I am getting more and more frustrated with the Zoning Board - they have almost $400 of my money in an escrow account and I can't get the secretary to call me back. Now I realize they're the ones earning interest on my measly $392 but it's MY MONEY. Now that we've done everything we have to do to get it released, she won't return my call. Might be time for a visit to City Hall... [UPDATE: I called and was rather harsh and less than friendly on the message - still no response. So I called and asked for the Zoning Officer's office. Guess what? She has TWO desks and they put me right through to her! And she emailed me the form and I mailed it today and hopefully we'll get our $392 sooner rather than later!]
- I'm so happy my sister and my mom are getting smart phones. I'm so excited to be able to share a bit more with them, a bit more easily...
- I'm confident that some day I'll be involved in a road rage incident, and I'll be the instigator! I am SO frustrated with the crazy drivers who apparently think it doesn't matter that there is ice and snow on the ground and that the roads are 1/3 as wide as usual - it's still only them on the road!
- I have very strong opinions about things and as I get older, I care less and less about being discreet and find it more and more satisfying to just put myself out there. I still don't feel the need to defend my opinions, but I certainly feel no qualms about stating them publicly when I feel strongly enough.
- I mentioned in a previous post that I'm learning/teaching myself to knit. Yet another example of how frustrated I get when I can't learn something immediately, 100%. I'm struggling with knitting and purling. It's just not feeling natural in my hands yet... Grrrr...