About Me

My photo
I'm happy, married, and looking forward to sharing my world with you! If you're interested, that is!

Friday, January 17, 2014

30 Days of Lists 1

Ran across 30 Days of Lists, a blog/activity you can join in twice a year.  I'm not so sure that I can do 30 days in a row, so I thought I'd do the freebie list from March 2011 that's available on the site.  Maybe it will help me post a little more often if I keep this list in my planner...

The first list is called A few things about yourself...  Here goes...

  1. Rumor has it (and it's more than rumor) that I have Lenni Lenape blood from a few generations back
  2. My mom has lived in Poland, Siberia, Africa, England and the US (yea, that's more about her than about me but she's more interesting than I am!)
  3. Hubby and I have been together (mostly) since 1990, living together since 1995, married since 1999
  4. I have two stepchildren, M who's 35 and lives 1.6 miles away from us (YAY!) with her fiance and our granddog, and J who's 33 and lives somewhere in southern NJ (he estranged himself from us 6 years ago so we haven't seen him or heard from him since then)
  5. I threw out 2 bags of bills in the past two days in an effort to declutter and clean up and organize
  6. I am addicted to reading
  7. I am addicted to HGTV but I REALLY wish they'd go back to assorted programming during the day, rather than marathons of the same shows, hour after hour
  8. I want to retire
  9. I want to retire
  10. I want to retire
  11. We're going on a cruise/vacation this year (Bahamas and Florida - Harry Potter World, here we come!)
  12. We're going on a cruise to nowhere in November
  13. I'm planning on writing out my Christmas cards over the summer, with a friend of mine, G, who claims this is her usual practice and that it takes a load off around the holidays...
  14. I've gotten a second wind and am really buckling down at my new job and all its new idiosyncrasies
  15. I got a text message at 5:15am on Tuesday that someone in the Ukraine tried to access my gmail account so I spent all day Wednesday changing sign-ons and passwords and I still have more to change
  16. I'm getting the itch to cut my hair, even though I'm in the middle of trying to grow it a bit longer
  17. I'm planning a surprise for someone and I hope it really works out
  18. I got a work iPhone a little while ago and I'm about to get a work laptop, too
  19. My nephew stopped by at 10pm last night with a Matchbox Scout for my husband!  And we're going to B&N next week to spend some time together
  20. Can't wait for the sneak preview of Heaven Is for Real in March

No comments: