About Me

My photo
I'm happy, married, and looking forward to sharing my world with you! If you're interested, that is!

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

The Boston Marathon 04/15/13

I should have posted this yesterday but I was glued to the television screen when I wasn't listening to the radio.

Someone, we don't yet know who is responsible, set off two bombs (three were planned but one didn't go off and was defused).  They killed three people (so far) - one was an 8-year old.  Over 130 people were injured, at least 15 or so critically.  More people might still die.

I just don't understand it.  Where do people learn to have such little regard for human life?  Where do people learn to not just hurt other people, but KILL them?  I know they're sick.  I know there's the proverbial screw loose.  But I know plenty of sick and screwy people who wouldn't KILL someone. 

I wonder sometimes, when I'm thanking God for all those young Americans who are at war, fighting for my liberty, for my country, for ME.  I wonder how they'll struggle and suffer after they are forced to kill someone.  For ME.  And I thank them, each and every one of them.

But this person, or persons, who did this?  They're not suffering.  They're not going to live with the guilt.  They're never going to take a split second to care about any of the families they've destroyed.  This person who decided one day that it would be a good idea to make a bomb, or two or three, thought about it long and hard and decided that the Boston Marathon would be a good place to detonate them and hurt hundreds, if not more, innocent people?  People who were running.  People who were watching.  People who were outside enjoying a nice sunny day.

That person, or persons - YOU SUCK.  YOU ARE HEARTLESS.  I know you're someone's son or daughter, someone's brother or sister, someone's mom or dad.  But you are a HORRIFIC, TERRIBLE excuse for a human being.  This thing you did?  In my humble opinion, it WAY overshadows whatever you might be to or for someone else.  I don't care how great a husband you might be, or how awesome a mom you are, or what a caring child you might be for your aging parents.  YOU ARE A SON OF A BITCH and I hope you are found, and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law and subjected to the absolute maximum penalty.

And an eye for an eye?  Yea, I'm okay with that.