About Me

My photo
I'm happy, married, and looking forward to sharing my world with you! If you're interested, that is!

Saturday, October 01, 2011

It's been a while...

I have no idea what's been going on, what's been happening to me, to us, that has kept me away from this blog.  I feel as though I've been sucked into this huge black hole, where time is not, and where I just can't have enough hours in the day to do all I want to do...  Enough sobbing, I'm sure you all know what I mean...

So what's been going on, you ask?  (Despite my opening sentence, I'll try to remember...)

Let's see...

I.ORDERED.A.KINDLE.FIRE.  That's the most exciting thing that's happened in the past couple of weeks.  Originally I was going to wait a bit before I mentioned it to J (he's not the techy one in the family and doesn't understand why I need one when I have a phone, a laptop, a desktop and an iTouch).  And to be honest, now that I reread that, I really don't "need" one...  I want one!  Heck, it's only $199.  My iTouch was more!!!  So I'm waiting with baited breath for November 15th...  If you don't know what the Fire is, here's a link:  http://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Color-Multi-touch-Display-Wi-Fi/dp/B0051VVOB2/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1317511225&sr=8-5  But I told him the other day about the new tablet and he asked if I wanted one, so I told him I ordered it already... 

I thought my allergies were bothering me.  I started with a wheezing chest cough and no other symptoms.  Gradually, over a week, I added runny eyes, a congested head and ears, and a runny nose.  (Attractive, no?!?)  So, being the genius I am, I deduced that it's really a cold, not an allergy.  And that wheezing cough?  A couple of years ago I had a really bad winter cold, and ever since, I've had a lingering wheeze in my chest.  When I lay on my back, I cough, in a wheezy way...  And now, it's getting aggravated by this cold...  I'm not too happy about this.

FYI, I LOVE House Hunters on HGTV.  (Just thought I'd share!)

J is in the basement, building a new floor for the laundry area.  We got a new washer and dryer a few years ago and the washing is walking all over the floor!  We never had that problem with our old machines.  Today, when he moved the washing machine and pulled up the old floor, it became (naturally!) a much bigger job than he anticipated.  While he likes doing work like this, he likes to plan for it, and he really didn't know there was so much damage underneath.  He thought he could just tighten the existing floor, but it got to bad over the years that it needs to be entirely replaced.  So, he's replacing it...

Went to the gym this morning. I did 35 minutes on the treadmill, using the pre-programmed weight loss plan.  It's an hour long program and boy, did it kick my butt!  I'm not much for hills, but this plan included an incline that went as high as 6.5; not all that much, I suppose, if you're fit, but to me?  It may as well be Mt. Everest!  Then I moved to the bike, and I did 4 miles on the bike, again using the weight loss program.  That's not half as bad.  And then I started some weight training.  I did a couple of sets on the chest press and a couple of sets on the butterfly machine.

I did a 1/2 hour with a trainer the other day.  I must say, the program is fine, but she didn't impress me at all.  I signed up on a Friday night and they said she'd contact me within 48 hours to set up an appointment.  Well, Tuesdsay night, when I went to the gym, I asked and they said they would text her and that if she didn't contact me within 24 hours, to call her and they gave me her telephone number.  She didn't, so I called.  She had an excuse for not calling me, my file wasn't in her binder.  Okay, she's a trainer, not a psychic, so we just made an appointment for 2 weeks later on a night that worked for us both.

I got there early to do some time on the treadmill; she suggest 7 minutes.  Not 5.  Not 10. 7.  Okay, moving on...  I did about 15 minutes on the treadmill then went over to the counter to ask if she was there yet.  Yes, she's waiting for her appointment.  That's me, so they flagged her over.  She was there, but she started whining about not having paperwork for me, where is it, without paperwork how's she going to get paid... 

Hey, I have MY receipt to show I paid; you can use that!  Oh.  So rather resentfully, I felt, we started my session.  She was better while she was actually working with me, but I really don't like her very much.  We finished my session, then she started on the paperwork again...  I just left, thanking her for the session.  The girls behind the counter told her they'd take care of it, that she has nothing to worry about, that she'll get paid...

Today I asked them and they took care of it.  It was misfiled in the other trainer's binder and he inadvertently flagged me as done, so they just switched his person to my trainer and they both got paid...  Ah, the joys of robbing Peter to pay Paul...  If it works...

Boy I miss the days before HIPPA and privacy laws and all that nonsense...  Today I was on the phone with Optimum for 10 or 15 minutes and after all the account numbers and passwords, they had to talk to J because he's the account holder.  His name is on the account.  Yea, go ahead and ask him about the password for wi-fi, or about the user ID for the account...  I dare ya!

Back in the day I used to set up PSE&G and phone accounts for my friend Dave all the time.  I'd just say I was Mrs. DW and we were moving and could we switch accounts from address #1 to address #2 and could you come set up cable on Thursday because one of us could be there that day and yes, I'd like to keep the same phone number when we move next week...  And Dave would just move into his new apartment, and everything would be set up for him...

Well, I'm going to take a break now and heat up some leftovers - J said he needed another 15 minutes or so and I guess it's been about that long...  He made a delicious sauce the other day, with fresh tomatoes and fresh eggplant, and all the herbs, all from our garden.  We've got tons of peppers, a few more eggplants to go, and our crops will all be gone...  We had such great veggies all summer long, save so much money on fresh vegetables... Winter is going to be tough!

More later...

1 comment:

Miss Hope said...

I've been scoping out that kindle fire, too. In fact, I may have sent a text message to my husband telling him one might be a good idea for his wife for Christmas.....