About Me

My photo
I'm happy, married, and looking forward to sharing my world with you! If you're interested, that is!

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Have been incommunicado...

... and not for any good reason...

Work's been busy, or I've been busy working...

Here are some photos from recent weeks...

Last Sunday we took a motorcycle ride down to New Hope, PA, with T (one of our 2 best men), and D and D (J's two partner teachers at work).  Here's a photo of J with one of the Ds...


Here's a photo of the main drag in New Hope.  We got down there, ate breakfast outside, walked around town for a little while, then left for home up the Delaware River, on the PA side.  It's so scenic; the road is right along the river for most of the ride.  There are so many beautiful riverside homes there, and you could see how many of them were flooded this past summer when we had rain and hurricane issues.  There are, sadly, LOTS of those beautiful homes for sale.


Took this "self-portrait" in the motorcycle mirror on Saturday afternoon, before we left to go home.  We were meeting our riders at the Tick Tock Sunday  morning and going home Saturday night meant we could go to church and get a good night's sleep before being out all day Sunday...


She loves to read.  She must have gotten that from her Cioci!  She gets the book and says, "Book, Unca Da!"  And wrapped as he is around her finger, just like that, our departure is delayed until she gets bored!  And her mommy is trying to teach her to say Cioci (that's aunt, in Polish).  For now, I'm "Kiki!!!"  And I can live with that until we get to Cioci!


The beginning of the school year means shopping for new sneakers.  No, we don't start in August, BEFORE the school year.  We have to wait until we realize we NEED them, rather than WANT them, and that's when we start school and last year's pairs just don't cut it anymore...


I spent yesterday scrapping with my friend E.  After December, when I finally get a smart phone of some kind, I'll be posting/updating in real time, not a day or two later, when I finally have some wifi at home...  I'm already looking forward to posting photos in real time, posting on FB when things are happening, or at least when I think to post them, rather than hours later when I'm home and trying to watch my sitcoms, read my books, eat my dinner, talk to my husband, clean my house, and get ready for bed...

Will try to update more regularly...

No comments: