About Me

My photo
I'm happy, married, and looking forward to sharing my world with you! If you're interested, that is!

Monday, February 01, 2010

My Word for 2010 (Thanks to Spell with flickr)

You may have noticed the addition to my page, up there, above the boring "About me."

Declutter.

I posted about this previously.

So far I've made two donations to the VietNam Veterans Association, and seriously? If it isn't nailed down, it's fair game! Clothes, small appliances, home decor, books I really don't think I'll ever look at again, stuff of all shapes and sizes...

So far, though, you'll all be glad to hear, Jack's made the cut! He's a keeper, I know, and I can joke about it, but I would never, ever get rid of him!!! I'm one lucky girl! (And no, he doesn't read this blog, so I'm really not kissing up for any reason!)

If I could, I would seriously give thought to emptying my house and starting over from scratch. From colors and trim to cabinets and furniture - I'm craving a clean, uncluttered, bright style. I absolutely ADORE natural wood, but to lighten up my house and in turn, make ME feel lighter? I could live with bright white trim and lots of contrasting colors like yellow and orange and red and green and blue...

I'll keep you posted on how much I "lighten my load" since it's a real priority for me this calendar year!

No comments: