About Me

My photo
I'm happy, married, and looking forward to sharing my world with you! If you're interested, that is!

Friday, February 26, 2010

Laptop Update

Well, Krysss (one of my readers! Yay, I have another!), I haven't gotten my laptop yet.

I sort of decided one day to just buy one of the HPs in Costco and narrowed it down to one of the three they had there. Then I paid for it, and then it was out of stock and then they credited me for it. And that sucked.

Then I started asking the IT guys at work. We have quite a large IT department and apparently it's like your favorite flavor of ice cream: every one of the guys I talked to had a different opinion!

So now, desperate as I am to get one I'm going to do a little digging on the Dell site and finally make a decision. My problem is that I always assume "as is" isn't good enough and I start upgrading and my custom laptop goes from a base price of $849 (which is within my budget) to oh, I don't know, $1200, $2300... and then I get discouraged and I stop and another week goes by without a laptop!

An internet friend just got a Sony Vaio and said her hubby got if for her after a lot of research. So I ask Tony at work about it and he doesn't like them, they last 2 years and then they have to be replaced. No way, Jose! I'm not buying another one in 2 years! When I get this it has to last at least 5 before I can even begin to think of going through this again!!!

Anyone of my 12 readers have an opinion about what laptop I should buy? Here's some of what I'm looking for: 4GB/500GB, a pretty good processor (I'm not a gamer but I will be adding Photoshop and I don't want to wait minutes for my photos to open!), a screen somewhere around 15"-17" (I'd LOVE the bigger screen but don't want to spend that money and then I have to worry about a case; apparently it's not so easy to find a laptop case for the 18"+ screens...), reliable, Windows 7 (64-bit), and Office Professional (2010 if timing allows).

Suggestions?

4 comments:

Miss Hope said...

Good luck! I am about to retire my 3 year old laptop and upgrade! I'll probably let The Man handle the details. I just want it to work.

Katie @ makingthishome.com said...

oooh all the choices! I would have to admit that I'm one of those people who swear by my Mac. I live in Germany, and my US warranty wasn't a problem when I had one technical glitch. First one we've ever had after years and years.
Good luck with your pick. If you love it, it's the right one.
Katie

Unknown said...

Hi Krys!

I know this is totally random, but I found a comment you made in another blog about a bathroom that you rehabbed that had 1980's wallpaper of naked cartoon people. Well, we had that exact same wallpaper in my bathroom when I was growing up (in Texas)!! I have no idea what made me think of it, but I googled it (you can find anything on the internet, can't you...) and found your comment. My Mom's bday is tomorrow and I was thinking of how funny it would be to make a card with that print. By any small chance do you have a pic of the wallpaper? I know it's unlikely but it can't hurt to ask. :-)
Thanks, Have a great day!
Stacy

Krys72599 said...

Stacy - if you read this response, there's no way for me to email you back - your blogger profile is not public.
Email me your email address - I don't have a picture online to send you but this weekend, when I go to the lake, I can bring home a hard copy and scan it and send it to you if I have your email address.
I can't believe more than one lucky person had that wallpaper!!!
Glad to "meet" you!!!