From Stuff Happens (and then you fix it!): 9 Reality Rules to Steer Your Life Back in the Right Direction, by John Alston and Lloyd Thaxton
1. Learn to say "thank you" when you wake up in the morning. After all, if you woke up you're still alive and in the game!
2. You must never forget that life is a gift, don't trash it.
3. Shout "Why me?" when good things happen.
4. Every day walk around with your head up and a smile on your face shouting "I am the greatest."
5. The most important gift you have is your mind. Use it and your life experiences to grow.
6. No problem is bigger than you are and you have all the resources to make your life work.
7. Find out what you're good at, develop it and give it back to the world. The world is waiting for your contribution.
8. Always be the most decent human being that you can be... and
9. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME!
I found these 9 rules when I first started working here at my current job. I've had them hung up in my cubby for the past 4-1/2 years and since I was rearranging the stuff on my cubby walls today, I thought I'd share them with you!
And then I found something else... Procrastination is a bit of a problem for me. Even though I.HATE.BEING.LATE.FOR.ANYTHING, I have no problem putting little things off until I sometimes have to scramble to get them done by their deadlines. I'm going to scrap these on a page and create something to hang in my office... (I have no idea where I found these; I would credit the author if I did.)
1. Do it once.
2. Clear your mind.
3. Solve problems while they're still small.
4. Reduce interruptions.
5. Clean up backlogs.
6. Start operating toward the future instead of the past.
7. Stop worrying about it.
8. Now, feel better about yourself.