About Me

My photo
I'm happy, married, and looking forward to sharing my world with you! If you're interested, that is!

Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Resolutions v.2009

I usually make really sincere resolutions that deep in my heart and in my mind, honest injun, I know I'm not going to keep: be a better wife/daughter/sister/cook/housekeeper, be sure to attend Mass on every Holy Day of Obligation, budget and save more money, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera. (hmmm, now I want to sit down and watch Yul Brynner in The King and I!)


This year I'm going to do something different. I'm going to make some resolutions that I know I can keep. And I resolve, too, that I won't beat myself up when I slip up and do something or forget to do something...
  • I'm NOT going to spend a lot of money on useless crap (okay, well, once the mail orders I placed over the past two or three days are delivered, I won't spend a lot of money on useless crap...)
  • I'm NOT going to buy something I don't need every time I set foot in a Wal-Mart
  • I AM going to save more money
  • I AM going to try to keep a neater home
  • I WILL downsize my scrapping supplies (part of my goal as a student of BPS' Get Organized, Be Inspired class)
  • I WILL cook more at home and eat out less
  • I WILL try to be a better person
  • I WILL donate more to charity
  • I WILL NOT allow my moods to control me

There now, don't these sound a lot more reasonable and easier to actually achieve than "I'm going to reach goal weight," "I'm going to go sky-diving," or "I'll sew new curtains for the scrap room since I can't find any I like in a store"??

No comments: