This year I'm going to do something different. I'm going to make some resolutions that I know I can keep. And I resolve, too, that I won't beat myself up when I slip up and do something or forget to do something...
- I'm NOT going to spend a lot of money on useless crap (okay, well, once the mail orders I placed over the past two or three days are delivered, I won't spend a lot of money on useless crap...)
- I'm NOT going to buy something I don't need every time I set foot in a Wal-Mart
- I AM going to save more money
- I AM going to try to keep a neater home
- I WILL downsize my scrapping supplies (part of my goal as a student of BPS' Get Organized, Be Inspired class)
- I WILL cook more at home and eat out less
- I WILL try to be a better person
- I WILL donate more to charity
- I WILL NOT allow my moods to control me
There now, don't these sound a lot more reasonable and easier to actually achieve than "I'm going to reach goal weight," "I'm going to go sky-diving," or "I'll sew new curtains for the scrap room since I can't find any I like in a store"??