About Me

My photo
I'm happy, married, and looking forward to sharing my world with you! If you're interested, that is!

Thursday, July 12, 2012

2

I bought myself a new book, one I saw recommended on a few blogs that I read.  The name of the book is 2: How Will You Create Something Beautiful Together? written by Dan Zadra and Kobi Yamada.

The very first page touched my heart.  I'd like to share it with you, and those of you reading this?  Those of you whose hearts this will touch?  You know who you are...  You're welcome!


"From the time we are very small, we know that one plus one is two.  But when the right people come together, one plus one is actually more than two.  Much more.

We are not made to go through life alone.  Everything about us is designed to become stronger, happier, and more fulfilled when we have found our love, our partner, our matching puzzle piece.

The miracle is that sharing life actually makes life bigger.  The arithmetic is magic.  Real love always adds, it never subtracts.  With love, we double our joys, divide our worries, and multiply our possibilities for a life of meaning, romance and adventure.

Yes, life was meant to be shared.  It's not what we have in our life, but who we have in our life that counts.  If you have found love, you have been given life's greatest gift.  How will you celebrate it?  How will you use it to grow? 

How will you create something beautiful together?"


My 13th wedding anniversary is the 25th.  I remember when my nephew got married the year after we did, a friend of my SIL commented to me that I wasn't "the bride" anymore.  You know what?  I still feel like a newlywed!  Maybe it's because I was older when I got married (38) so I have a better appreciation of time and have experienced how it flies much faster when you're older.  13 years is NOT a long time, considering I'm going to be 52 on my next b'day; I've only been married for about 1/4 of my lifetime!

I can't wait to read the rest of this book!  And I'm going to make a concerted effort to be a better wife to my absolutely wonderful husband.  It's so easy to take unintended advantage.  We say "I love you" to each other several times a day:  every time we part, every time we talk on the phone before we hang up, sometimes for no apparent reason and out of the blue.  But I want to show it.  I want to show it in my actions.  I want others to see it when they see us together.  Especially during the summers:  he's home 1/2 the day, every day, while I'm at work, so while I am not on summer vacation like he is, it really is a vacation for me.  The laundry is done, he cooks dinner (or at least gets it ready so all I have to do is heat it up if I get home before him), he runs errands (the dry cleaner doesn't see me at all during July and August!), he takes my Mom where she needs to go during the day so she doesn't have to wait until I get home...  I could go on and on.

And all I do is live the easy life for two months, then hate having to do any of that stuff the other 10 months of the year!  Here's my July resolution:  To read this book, take it to heart, make a real noticeable effort to "create something beautiful together."

We'll see how I do...

1 comment:

Anita B said...

I do believe you have already created something beautiful together. I also believe Dave and I have, too. And with all of us, that beautiful thing shows in every action we make and every encounter with have with others. People smile when they see us holding hands or laughing or just talking to each other in a restaurant. I love the love we have and I hold it very, very close to me every day.