About Me

My photo
I'm happy, married, and looking forward to sharing my world with you! If you're interested, that is!

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Twas the week before Easter...

Hubby's school was closed the week BEFORE Easter.  Guess the Board saved themselves having to give the teachers an extra day off by not having to give them Good Friday PLUS a holiday week...

Anyway, I took off the Monday and the Thursday and Friday of last week.  Thought I'd post a few photos from the week and insert the stories (you know there are stories!!!)...

I have no story about Shemar Moore other than to say he is probably the best looking man on television, in my humble opinion...  Now remember, Clint doesn't have a regular show these days...


My sister's dog Duncan is on the right, with the blue leash.  She just got his mom, Beanie, last weekend.  The breeder gave her up because she had a bad last litter and hemmorhaged badly and isn't show quality anymore.  Sounds a bit harsh, but sister is happy to have another doggie around the house!


On Holy Saturday, Mom and Little Sister C and I met at church, St. Valentine's in Bloomfield.  They had a Food Blessing, a lovely tradition we've been participating in all my life.  You bring your food for Easter dinner, or a representation of what you'll be eating, and you get it blessed by the priest.  We brought eggs, ham, kielbase, butter, salt/pepper, wine, candy for the baby's basket, holy water, etc.  It's nice to see newer, younger members of the church come with their baskets, decorated with doilies and napkins and flowers and herbs, not just the older Polish ladies who are left...


We've both been noticing our memories aren't what they used to be so we stopped in The Vitamin Shoppe to see what they had to say.  They suggested after Jack finishes his current bottle of Focus Factor, that he try some Acetyl-L-Carnitine (?), 500mg.  So that's the plan...


I spent Holy Thursday coloring my eggs.  I read the instructions and paid attention to them.  Left the eggs in the food coloring for the full 5 minutes, and was pleased with the colors this year.  Instead of weak, blah colors, they were deeper and who knew?  5 minutes dying time and the colors are better than if you pull them out in 2 or 3 minutes.


I went to get my hair cut AND I got new glasses, all in the same week.  Purple glasses, with green fading to yellow on the temple bar corners.  Love purple!


This is my new favorite shampoo/conditioner duo, Yucca Root Shampooing Cream and Conditioning Cream, by Nick Chavez.  It really makes my highlighted hair healthy and shiny and full.


Here's my new haircut...  I really liked the highlighting she did, and that was weeks ago.  She got real close; I have almost no roots showing!!!  (Pardon the double chin - NOT the most flattering pose!!!)


Here are some forsythia bushes on the road leading to our lake house.  I love this road in early spring, with these bushes flowering, and in fall, when the leaves on the trees have turned brilliant red and orange and yellow, but haven't fallen to the ground yet...


Here's my new Tom Bihn bag.  Expensive, yes.  But apparently it will last forever!  I like the idea of forever :-D

No comments: