About Me

My photo
I'm happy, married, and looking forward to sharing my world with you! If you're interested, that is!

Monday, April 09, 2012

It Gets Better at Brigham Young University

I can't pretend to "understand" being gay because I'm not. 
I can't understand it any more than my gay friends can understand being heterosexual.
My worries and fears about friends or family who are or might be gay have nothing to do with "you shouldn't be" or "how can you be."
My worries and fears about friends or family who are or might be gay are solely and completely based on the bias and prejudice they will face in their lives.  It's not "okay" yet, people still "notice."  I love my family and friends, and I don't want them to feel unloved, not good enough, not accepted, not by anyone.
Until people don't "notice," they can look at you, point in your direction, they can notice. 
Or they can think they can.
I pray for each and every one of you, even those of you I don't know personally:  be yourselves and be strong.
Please take 9 minutes to watch this video.
It.Will.Get.Better.

No comments: