About Me

My photo
I'm happy, married, and looking forward to sharing my world with you! If you're interested, that is!

Wednesday, September 03, 2014

Books and Kindles and Nooks, Oh, My!

From Shelf Awareness PRO, Wednesday | September 3, 2014 | Volume 2 | Issue 2333


Quotation of the Day

Indie Routine: 'I Like to See the Book Before I Buy It'

photo: Chester Higgins Jr./New York Times

"I like to see the book before I buy it. My husband does not like going to bookstores with me, so you might see him sitting outside, because he says that's the one place I tend to get lost in and forget I have a deadline. But I want the kids to feel that way, so I like taking them to bookstores with me. I think we've lost that love of the books themselves; it's almost, if you're on a Kindle or a Nook or whatever, it's a little bit of a separation. So we take them into a bookstore like BookCourt and walk around. And they'll walk out with at least one or two books."
--Carmen FariƱa, chancellor of the New York City Education Department, in a recent "Sunday Routine" interview with the New York Times.


No comments: