About Me

My photo
I'm happy, married, and looking forward to sharing my world with you! If you're interested, that is!

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Quick Health UpdateS

So I went to the orthopedist.  He confirmed I have bursitis in my hips, and I guess I'm basically going to have to live with that.  I had an MRI of my knee done.  It went okay.  The MRI tech was awesome!

I knew J was going to have to go to get one of his shoulder (more on that later) so I talked to the tech about the possibility of J getting a bit claustrophobic in the MRI tube.  He assured me they'd just pull him out immediately...

On the first day back at school, J was pulling the volleyball standards out and something in his left shoulder went "ping."  They suspect it might be a tear in his rotator cuff.  So since it's a workman's comp injury, we had to wait for the immedicenter to contact us with approval for the MRI.  They couldn't reach J at school so they called me.  A STAT MRI?  Guess what the earliest day was - Sunday at 7am!  So we checked and Montclair Radiological in Nutley had a spot available THE SAME DAY for a STAT MRI.  He did have a problem with the MRI machine but the tech, who we saw before J went up for the test, gave him glasses that helped him see the whole room behind him.  End of panic!

While I was waiting for him, Stan came in with his son.  His son needed a chest x-ray.  Stan (who used to work with J at Watchung Shell) told me he had a heart scare late last year.  I remember Cheryl mentioning he was in the hospital but she never said why, just that he was better.  It turns out that after a severe bout of bronchitis, it settled around his heart.  They actually had to shock his heart back to a regular beat! 

On Friday we had a lunch for J's Aunt E, for her birthday.  23 of the cousins and aunts managed to come for the lunch at Terrazo's in Nutley.  It was lovely and the food was pretty good.

That night we had a dinner at Fleming's Prime Steakhouse in Edgewater.  The dinner was okay, but the service was not too good.  Salads and appetizers came out together, small plates were late and cold, they forgot plates, desserts, the coffee was HORRIBLE...  All that for a $3K plus dinner.  $3K!!! 

Anyway, the Golden Globes are on and we're going to watch.  Well, I am, and J is going to read Family Handyman...  More later this week...

No comments: