About Me

My photo
I'm happy, married, and looking forward to sharing my world with you! If you're interested, that is!

Monday, March 19, 2012

Something never before seen in my house...

A C.L.E.A.N. and decluttered closet!

I tried on every pair of black and gray pants I own, and put 1/2 of them in a pile to donate!  HALF of them!  I hung the rest of them on nice pants hangers, along with the 2 brown pairs I own and hung them on the left side of the closet.  I took out all the heavy winter sweaters and left a few lightweight and mediumweight sweaters there for the rest of winter/early spring.  I took out the jackets I won't be wearing because they're for winter, not spring, and cleaned out the sweatshirts and t-shirts and casual clothes.  I packed up what I won't be using until next winter, made a giant bag to donate, and will begin working on shoes and bring down spring clothes later in the week.

I have been feeling heavy lately, not only pound-wise but stuff-wise.  I have been saying I want to discard it all and start new, but realistically I know we can't do that.  So I've decided to just get rid of what I don't want, need, or wear, or haven't worn in 2 or 3 years or more (yes, I have clothes that old that I take out and put away each season).  I will be hanging frames, with or without pictures, because if the frames are on the wall in the hallway, I won't want them to all be empty and that will force me to choose and mat my pictures.

I have already gone through our collection of water bottles and gotten rid of NINE of them!  And I still have probably a 1/2 dozen in the cabinet!  Next on the kitchen list is mugs.  I have publisher mugs, movie mugs, coffee mugs from my mother-in-law, mugs both J and I bought when we lived alone.

I will be choosing a project a week, perhaps the junk drawer, perhaps the pantry, perhaps my lingerie drawer - no matter what, I will be spring cleaning to beat the band, until I am lighter in more ways than pounds!!!

Yay, me!!!

No comments: