About Me

My photo
I'm happy, married, and looking forward to sharing my world with you! If you're interested, that is!

Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Happy 2012!

Oops, one of my unwritten resolutions was to blog more in 2012...

Yea, epic FAIL!!!  It's January 4th and I haven't even wished my readers a Happy New Year!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!  May you all have a 2012 filled with love and happiness and good health, and may you all accomplish whatever it is you set out to do, achieve whatever it is you want to achieve, and enjoy whatever it is you wish to enjoy in this new year...

I want to write more, take more photographs and post them here on the blog.  I am taking part in an online class called Move More, Eat Well by the esteemed Cathy Zielske, and so far, I've gone to the gym once, yoga class is at 1:30pm today, I'm hoping to go to the gym tonight, and I haven't eaten fast food yet this year.  I've started my journal (oops, another resolution:  learn Photoshop Elements). 

I'm also taking two art classes online with Alisa Burke:  Sketchbook Delight and Create Daily.  I'm not very talented but I've learned to call what I dabble in "art."  According to Donna Downey, with whom I took a class in December, when I call myself an "artist," THEN I'll really be one...  Can't really see that one happening any time soon, but Donna, I'll let you know when/if it does...

Last year I took an online journey with Ali Edwards.  I signed up for her One Little Word series, and while I started off just fine, as usual I tapered off into simply filing the emails in the file called OLW and that was about it.  So this year I didn't sign up for it again, but I've chose my word to be FOCUS again:  FOCUS x 2, if you will...  I hope to remember to FOCUS on everything in my life, to pay attention, to learn, to make better decisions...

As I created all these links for you, I realized something:  I'm determined to be more creative and artistic, even if it kills me, or breaks the bank!  I have spent a lot of money on scrapbooking supplies, on printing photographs, on sketchbooks and watercolor paint sets (I've found I like watercolors better than acrylic paints, although I like acrylics in my art journal), on mixed media supplies, on classes...  What I haven't done is spent the TIME I'd like to spend on creating.

So here we go: 

In 2012 I resolve to spend less money on classes and supplies and spend more time on actually creating, or practicing/developing my creativity.

There it is:  in black and white.  Out there for the world (my readers = the world!) to see.  I'm accountable.  Sort of like Weight Watchers for the artsy me. 

I might not blog more, but I hope to include more photos of what I create, be it a scrapbook page, a mini-book, a sketch, a watercolor painting...

Feel free to remind me next month that I haven't blogged, posted a photo, or cracked open my sketchbook - I'll most likely need the reminder...

1 comment:

Miss Hope said...

You and my Makenna would be kindred souls. She is my artist and when I ask her why she draws/writes/sketches/paint she says, "It makes me happy". I want to be happy like that.