About Me

My photo
I'm happy, married, and looking forward to sharing my world with you! If you're interested, that is!

Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Home Re-Do - in My Dreams...

Oh, my, someday, when I can do whatever I want to do in my house, decorating-wise, without having to explain to my husband "why" I want to do it, I'm going to do this:  painted wood floors  [For some reason although I was able to save a photo or two from her blog to my desktop, I am having trouble posting it here so please click through to her blog and look at her painted floor project.]

I LOVE IT!

Although most times my traditional decor leanings have been in line with J's, lately I find myself wanting to go either the cottage route (see painted floors above) or the neat and clean and more modern look of the Petersiks (Young House Love).  Oh, my, all that white and gray with pops of color around the house!!!  See here for an example of what I mean:  Tea Time - and to top it all off?  NO CLUTTER

It took YEARS to get color on my walls and now I sort of want to go white again?  Go figure.

It must be the impending onset of menopause...

(That may ALSO be the reason I am itching to just throw out everything I own and start all over...)

1 comment:

John said...

Awww, you're too kind! Have fun in whatever direction you decide to take your home re-do. :)

-John