About Me

My photo
I'm happy, married, and looking forward to sharing my world with you! If you're interested, that is!

Thursday, August 12, 2010

He's building a canoe...

If you've ever read any of my blog, you've probably figured out that my husband just doesn't like to sit still.

In fact, it's safe to say that he CAN'T sit still. I do believe he'd spontaneously combust if forced to sit down and do nothing for any length of time. With one notable exception: when we go on a cruise he has no problem parking himself in a chaise lounge and just veg'g. But ONLY on a cruise ship!

His latest project is a cedar strip canoe. He read and read, and bought magazines and books, and read some more, and finally decided to buy a kit, rather than buy all the supplies himself, at least for his first boat.

So here are some representative photos, so far...  The last 5 were taken today, with the application of the first coat of epoxy...





Impressive, right?!  And he's all mine, girls!!!

3 comments:

Anita B said...

Very impressive!! And beautiful. When is the expected launch date?

patrysia said...

Wow, looks beautiful! I see a retirement hobby/business for BIL.

Barb said...

That is amazing... I really don't want my husband to see this or he'll want to build one too!