About Me

My photo
I'm happy, married, and looking forward to sharing my world with you! If you're interested, that is!

Friday, May 08, 2009

Pictures, as promised...

Here's a picture of me taken in the bathroom in New Orleans. (Yea, TMI!) I can't figure out a good way to do a self portrait... so I try numerous times, in numerous places...

Here's another picture of me taken in the bathroom in New Orleans. At first I hated the lighting, but it's sort of cool. Hard to scrap, though - it clashes with a lot of paper...

This is Indian Island, which is about 1/2 mile from our lake house. Jack and I always look at it and think, "How cool would it be to own your own island?" Until that weekend we saw the guy loading 1x6s into a rowboat, one by one, by hand, rowing across to the island, and unloading them one by one, by hand. We decided living on the mainland isn't so bad...

Here's the cake from my niece's shower. Mm-mm, good! I was going to post a picture of her at the party, but thought I'd better get her permission first...

And now some scrapping pictures, since originally I'd thought that's what this blog would be, a place for me to be creative and post pictures of my work. Yea, we all know how that turned out! Instead you've been subjected to the rants and raves and stream of consciousness we loosely refer to as my mind!

This is a page I did for an online class... I may have posted it before, but it struck my eye going through my files - I have, over the past 10 years or so, developed a fondness for the color green. Before that, it was purple. Nothing else, no other favorite. Purple.

This is another project I did for a different online class. We had to create something that illustrated our mission statement, something that explained why we scrap. Heck, I have no idea - 'cause it's the only creative outlet I have? 'Cause I have no other hobbies? 'Cause one can only read so many books and watch so much TV?

And here's a page I did about my mom, in honor of Mother's Day. The journaling reads: This started out to be a page about my love for Mom, but when I had to do a page about my hero, this is the woman - this is the photo. I see love in her face, and strength. She has been through so much - leaving Poland, living in Siberia, and Kenya, and Uganda, and the UK. Moving to the US, raising 3 children, losing her sister, her parents, her husband - and still remaining the strongest person I know." I love you, Mom!




No comments: