About Me

My photo
I'm happy, married, and looking forward to sharing my world with you! If you're interested, that is!

Friday, April 11, 2008

Let's talk organizing...

I met an Internet friend...

Those of you who know me well might not think of me as organized (and you'd be right!). I'm a pack rat, I like clutter - well, I have a high tolerance for clutter, although it's starting to decrease as I get older! - I like being surrounded by my "stuff."

But at work it's a different story. I'm constantly on the search for just the right organizing tool, something to keep my desk neat and clean and orderly, something to help me stay on top of the myriad number of tasks I do every day, some way to manage my time more efficiently and ensure that the 20% of my clients that account for 80% of my business aren't dropped to the wayside while I send title information to the 80% of my clients who are 20% of my business!!!

So I read books - organizing books, time management books, books that can help me become the super-organized, clutter-free individual I know I can be. And I visit internet sites, sites like these blogs: Neat and Simple (http://blog.neatandsimple.com/2007/12/just-released-i.html), Organizing Queen (http://organisingtips.blogspot.com/) and Let's Talk Organizing (http://letstalkorganizing.blogspot.com/), just to name three. All of these blogs have links to other great organizing sites, too.

Well, in the not too distant past, I won the "Let's Talk Organizing Total Control Package." That put me in touch with Suzanne at Let's Talk Organizing (http://letstalkorganizing.blogspot.com/). And she's great! So easy to talk to, full of great ideas to help me save time, make space, and get organized. She opened some new offices in Gilbert, AZ, and I just came back from Arizona! I emailed her and we got together for a few hours at the Wildflower Bakery (yummy!)! Here's a picture of the two of us (I'm the less-put-together-one on the right!) after our delicious lunch!

We talked, and laughed, and talked some more! We talked about organizing and planners, and bookstores and stalkers (don't ask!), and we've each made a new Internet friend! We probably should have discussed organizing more than we did, but we still had a great time! I was able to show her a new planner I picked up - hopefully it will help me manage my time and keep track of everything... We talked about purses - too large vs. too small, one good one vs. many not-so-good ones, what we carry in them (too much or too little), etc. We talked about list making - she helped me create one at work a few months ago, one that works better than the sticky-notes version I was using before.

Thanks for a great afternoon, Suzanne, and have a TERRIFIC trip to Scotland - can't wait to hear about it and see some pictures! (Suzanne has arranged to meet up with another organizing guru while on her trip - how fun!)

Well, it's time to go to work (according to my planner!), so off I go! Toodles!

1 comment:

Miss Hope said...

Awesome meeting a Net Friend!!! Just let me know when you head South......