About Me

My photo
I'm happy, married, and looking forward to sharing my world with you! If you're interested, that is!

Friday, October 27, 2006

Work, work, work! How I wish I was independently wealthy, or had a money tree in the backyard... I do like my job, I just want to sleep in when I want to, shop when I want to, clean my house when I want to, visit when I want to, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera... How King and I of me!

I'm traveling to Alexandria, VA, next week to visit 4 of my key accounts. I called a couple of other accounts, to fill in some free hours, but they're traveling as well, so that didn't work... I've put together my sales kits and Jack will pick me (and them!) up this afternoon so I don't have to schlep them across town...

We're supposed to go to the lake tomorrow morning, but it's supposed to rain heavily all weekend; if we wait to go tomorrow, the wood will be soaked. So we changed our plans to go tonight - the rain is starting tonight. So now, who knows when/if we'll go. I have plenty to do around the house, so if we don't go this weekend, that would be okay. PLUS I have some shopping to do - the holidays are upon us, and I need some clothes as well.

I'm so happy I'm at 23 pounds and losing; I can really see it and feel it now. Now, if I could only get off my butt and exercise, too --- I just really have no desire to do it...

I guess I'll start my life story now... I was born to Mom and Dad in 1960. Mom's Polish, born and bred, and Dad's American, of Dutch, English and American Indian descent (Lenni Lenape, I believe). Mom and Dad were of the old school - I was raised to be polite and respectful, and I'm happy about it! We didn't have much money - what we had went to food, shelter and education for the three of us. P was born in 1965 and C in 1966. We all went to St. Thomas the Apostle School (grades 1-8) and to Paul VI Regional High School in Clifton when it was time for high school.

I skipped my senior year in high school to early admit into the Freshman Honors Program at the University of Delaware. We were housed on a satellite campus (Wesley College) my first year, then we moved on to the main campus in Newark, DE. And the stories begin...

No comments: