About Me

My photo
I'm happy, married, and looking forward to sharing my world with you! If you're interested, that is!

Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Romney vs. Obama #1

Personally I think Romney blew Obama out of the water, but content-wise, I don't think there was all that much new on either side.

Almost more interesting were the Tweets... Twitter said 4million Tweets were posted during the debate!

I didn't expect Romney to be warm and approachable. He might very well be a very loving man with his family, friends and parishioners but the bottom line is he comes across as a bit of a stuffed shirt. (Perhaps it's his mom jeans... Just kidding!). That said, he *was* strong and confident, speaking TO the President directly.

Obama, however, didn't look at Romney when he spoke; he probably looked at Lehrer 95% of the time... Hash tag #lostwithouthisteleprompter! I think he was a bit surprised by Romney, and that, plus the fact that he's not a good extemporaneous speaker? Definite disadvantage this time out...

I hope the next couple of debates are stronger, content-wise.

And just two comments about Jim Lehrer: did he have an eye lift?!? I found his buggy eyes very distracting. I don't remember him looking like that before... And I don't think he had control of the candidates.

Ryan vs. Biden 10/11/12. I REALLY dislike Biden and have since I met him while I was in college. My family and I were walking along the Green and Biden did his big smile/handshake thing with my dad (completely ignoring my mom, btw). When my dad said we weren't Delaware residents, he just walked away! No "thanks, anyway" or "hope you vote in your home state." Nothing!! Rude, condescending, ignorant... And I'll never change my mind...

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

I so agree with you!!!!!!