About Me

My photo
I'm happy, married, and looking forward to sharing my world with you! If you're interested, that is!

Friday, January 13, 2012

Focus

Last year I took a class from Ali Edwards:  One Little Word.  I'm not taking it this year because I'm signed up for too many other classes and I just can't swing another one!

But I'm picking a word and trying to live by it and I'm sure somewhere in the year I'll do a spread about it, either as a scrapbook page, or in my diary, or in my Project Life binder, or in my art journal, or in my soon-to-be-started gratitude journal, or perhaps in all five of those places!  I'm sure I'll probably blog about it when it strikes me, too, so you can add this blog as another place that my One Little Word will show up...

FOCUS.

That's my word.  As a matter of fact, that was my word last year.  I intended to focus in every aspect of my life, but as happens quite often, life gets in the way!  I got a necklace for myself with the word "focus" stamped on it.


That helped a lot, as long as I remembered to wear it!  (Got it from Lisa Leonard - she has some lovely pieces and her prices, I think, are pretty reasonable.)

There are still a lot of places in my life where I need to focus.  Here are a few:
  1. I want to focus on being a better wife, daughter, sister, cousin, aunt, friend, employee.
  2. I want to focus on my faith during the week, not just when I'm in church on Sunday.
  3. I want to focus on my creativity, through the online classes I'm taking, by sketching and scrapping and taking photos.
  4. I want to focus on my health.  I'm taking a class called Move More, Eat Well with Cathy Zielske.  I'm hoping that this, along with Weight Watchers, can help me accomplish this year what I've been trying to accomplish for many years.  I've joined a gym, too, so I want to focus on actually going!
  5. I want to focus on my job.  I get too distracted:  the internet, my new iPhone, Words with Friends, Facebook and Twitter - they're all more interesting and more fun than my job.  But I need to focus on my job.  I always do a good job.  Now I want to do a GREAT job.
  6. I want to focus on my house.  Both of them.  They need to be decluttered, cleaned, painted, refreshed.  And it shouldn't be on J to do it all.
Get the idea?  Last year's One Little Word was FOCUS.  THIS year's One Little Word is FOCUS.  While 2011 wasn't an epic fail, I could have definitely done better.  I'd like to say, on December 31, 2012, that I DID do better THIS year.

No comments: