About Me

My photo
I'm happy, married, and looking forward to sharing my world with you! If you're interested, that is!

Thursday, June 09, 2011

Miscellaneous "Stuff"

I've run across a few things lately that strike a chord with me...  I think I'll just post them out here for $%&#$@ and giggles...

I'm on Weight Watchers.  I'm not grossly overweight but I can sure stand to lose a few more pounds.  A few years ago I lost 25 lbs and was well on my way to getting to my goal weight.  Then I fell into the trap that so many newbie WWs fall into:  I can do this on my own.  Well, I can't.  I need WW.  And I still trip and stumble and justify two cotton candy treats by saying, "But they're fat-free!"  Yea, they are, but they're not sugar-free!!!   And sugar + metabolism = carbs = weight.  Anyway, gained about 15-20 of those same lbs back, but have recently climbed back into the WW wagon and I'm down 17.3# from my highest.  So I have a bit more to go to reach the 25 lbs lost, but I'm shooting for a grand total of 30-35 lbs lost.  I'm doing it slowly and hoping the summer fruits and vegetables really give it a kick-start!  In the meantime, I ran across this image and thought, "This is one of those ah-ha moments Oprah was talking about!"  (Yea, not an Oprah fan but I read a lot!)


We've been talking about gay marriage lately, probably because locally they're running quite a few television ads in support of it in my neck of the woods.  I just don't get the objection, I really don't.  I'm happy, so happy, in my marriage.  Why wouldn't I wish that for each and every human on the planet?  And if it happens to be another guy or girl, depending on the person we're referring to, who cares?  I'm Roman Catholic.  My faith is very important to me.  I practice.  I get so much support and strength from my relationship with God.  I have a hard time believing that He would be against it, that he would punish those that find love and affection and support in someone of the same sex, rather than the opposite sex.    I'm NOT posting this to generate comments.  I'm just saying...



I ran across this photo on the Pinterest site; I think it originated on Martha Stewart's website.  I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to put this on the left wall as you walk into the lake house.  I'd LOVE to remove the broom closet and the pantry and just push these shelves back into that space.  I'd even push the drawers back flush with the back of the locker space so they're not sticking out and tripping our guests, but I.DON'T.HAVE.A.COAT.CLOSET.IN.THE.LAKE.HOUSE.  Well actually I do; Jack just built one in the basement so we'd have somewhere to hang at least our seasonal jackets and coats when we're living there full time in a few years...


No comments: