About Me

My photo
I'm happy, married, and looking forward to sharing my world with you! If you're interested, that is!

Monday, May 21, 2007

It was a nice weekend... it rained a little, but we got to sit on the dock on Sunday for an hour or two, just soaking up the sun...

Happy B'day (one day late!), SIL! You are the best!! Hope it's the best b'day ever!!! See you tonight!!!

I LOST 1.8 POUNDS THIS WEEK. WW really does work, when you follow the plan. I journaled, drank my water, and I think the walking finally caught up with me and, to quote another favorite blogger, "that glorious time of the month" has passed (sorry, T.M.I.). That 1.8 pound loss, though, no matter how I got it, has fired up all my cylinders! I'm eager again to stay on plan, to lose more, to exercise more, to try harder, to succeed at my weight loss plan. And I will do this. (With, most likely, a few more setbacks, but still...)

Mom has bees. Either wasps or yellowjackets or hornets - DH and I have to stop at HD and pick up some spray of some kind. Mom was going to purchase some yesterday at the SR and spray it herself, but I pointed out that she'd have to run like h-e-double-hockeysticks back around the front door... Could she? No. So it's back to being our job, most likely for tomorrow.

I went to the dr. on Friday. I'm going to get an x-ray of my knee today, pick up a prescription for some heavy-duty anti-inflammatory, and find out when I can have some blood work done to rule out rheumatoid arthritis, gout, etc. I guess then they'll check the osteo-stuff. When I wake up in the morning, my hands are sore, they just ache. They're not physically swollen, but the joints feel like they are. And when I sit for a 1/2 hour, blogging, or working (ha!), and I try to get up - whoa! My hips are so sore that it takes the distance of 2 cubicles for me to be upright and homo sapiens again. And let's not forget to mention the first of these special aches and pains - the clicking knee. If I walk a certain way, rotate a teeny bit, there's an audible click. Not real "pain," per se, but if I lean on my right knee in just the right spot, there's some point tenderness and if I hyperextend my right leg, there's significant tightness in my hamstring.

This is what comes from being 46 and on the slippery slope of the downhill side of "over the hill."

No comments: