It's funny, but I'm absolutely convinced that some day I WILL win the lottery. Why shouldn't I? I'm nice enough, I want to do good things with the money, I don't want to win hundreds of millions of dollars, just enough to do what I have planned...
I'm not worried about leaving money behind, or leaving a legacy or an endowment, although that's nice enough if there's money left over...
Here's my plan: win $10million, get $5million. And here's what I'd do with my money:
- Pay off my sister P's house and give her some money
- Buy my sister C a place to live, or pay off her house if she's already in one and give her some money
- Pay off DSD's house
- Put money away for a future grandchild for college
- Put money away for J and A to finish school and give them a small sum to play with
- Renovate Mom's house and make any and all repairs and give her money
- Go to Disney World and Universal Studios and Sea World
- Quit my job
- Find a volunteer job, something to do with literacy or children's reading; if it's a paid position, that's bonus
- Here's my splurge: put cable and wifi in the lakehouse so we have it on the weekend (or whenever we go, since I won't be working it might not be the weekends)
- Buy furniture as I need it
- Make a nice donation to both of my churches
Yea, I might go on another vacation or two a year, maybe one of those last minute cruises that you book just a few days before, or a trip with our friends G and M when they travel.
I'm not looking to shop in Chanel - I'll probably still shop Walmart or Target or Kohl's. I won't get a new car until my 2005 Hyundai needs to be retired, and then it will probably be another Hyundai. I like diamonds but I won't be dripping in them. Hubby will most likely still take a part-time job at Home Depot or Costco or Lowe's, whoever will hire him.
If you add up what I have on my list, it probably won't even use up 1/2 of that $5million, so sure, if there's some money left over when I kick it, I'll leave some to everyone and a little to my grammar school and my college.
Nothing big and flashy. See? I deserve to win. So keep those fingers and toes and legs and eyes crossed, friends and family!!!